CPAO- Common mistakes by PAOs in processing of Revision of Pension under 7th CPC
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II,BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&Tech/Revision(7th CPC)/19.Vol-III (D)/2017-18/12
Subject: Common mistakes by PAOs in processing of Revision of Pension under 7th CPC .
7th CPC Pension Revision cases are to be settled in a time bound manner. This office is receiving more than 3000 pension revision cases on daily basis. However, it has been observed that about 5 to 10 percent cases are returned by this office to PAOS due to Various discrepancies. The reasons to return are indicated by this office in each case. To facilitate the PAOs, a list of common mistakes made by PAOs has been prepared and enclosed herewith at Annexure-A.
In view of above all the PAOs are requested to ensure that 7th CPC revision cases are sent correctly to CPAO to speed up the processing of the same in a time bound manner.
Encl: As above
(Md.Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Asstt. Controller of Accounts)
Ph No 011‐26103074
Common mistakes by PAOs in processing of Revision of Pension under 7th CPC
1) DATE OF DEATH OF PENSIONER NOT MENTIONED IN COLUMN 3(b. (FAMILY PENSION CASE)
2) APPLICABILITY OF COMMUTED PENSION MAY BE CHECKED WHETHER ITIS APPLICABLE OR NOT.
3) CLASS/CATEGORY OF PENSION UNDER COLUMN 1(g) MAY BE CHECKED.
4) NOTIONAL PAY SHOWN UNDER COLUMN 3(e) MAY BE CHECKED.
5) PAY/NOTIONAL PAY SHOWN IN COLUMN 3(e) ,DOES NOT MATCH WITH PAY FIXED UNDER 7th CPC AS SHOWN IN COLUMN 4(a).
6.) LEVEL AND INDEX UNDER COLUMN 4(a)MAY BE CHECKED.
7) BASIC PENSION IS NOT MATCHING WITH THE LAST PAY DRAWN AS PER 7TH CPC.
8) PAY MATRIX FOR LEVEL-13 MAY BE CHECKED WITH REFERENCE TO REVISED PAY MATRIX IN TERMS OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE (DEPTT OF EXPENDITURE) RESOLUTION DATED‐ 16.05.2017
9.) MATRIX FOR LEVEL‐ 14 MAY BE CHECKED WITH REFERENCE T0 REVISED PAY MATRIX IN TERMS OF DEPTT. OF PENSION & PENSIONERS WELFARE OM DATED- 13.09.2017
Download CPAO Office Memorandum