7th CPC Risk Allowance- Railway Board RBE No. 32/2018
Implementation of recommendations of seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government - Risk Allowance, Dt. 01st March, 2018
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
PC-VII No. 92
RBE No.32/2018No. E(P&A)I-2017/SP-1/AD-1
New Delhi, dated 01.03.2018
The General Managers and Principal Financial Advisers,
All Indian Railways & Production Units.
Sub: Implementation of recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Risk Allowance.
Ref: (i) Board’s letter No. E(P&A)I-2008/SP-1/AD-3 dated 02.05.2013.
(ii) Ministry of Finance’s resolution No. 11-1/2016-IC dated 06.07.2017.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission relating to revision of rates of allowances, the President is pleased to revise the rate of Risk Allowance from Rs.60 per month to Rs.135 per month. The revised rates of Risk Allowance shall be admissible with effect from the 1st of July, 2017.
2. The categories/staff engaged in the jobs who are eligible for grant of Risk Allowance is annexed with this letter.
3. The categories who are in receipt of HPCA/PCA are not eligible for grant of Risk Allowance.
4. Any modification/changes will be issued, if any instructions which are at variance from these, are received from the nodal Ministry/Department i.e. DOP&T.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
List of categories/staff engaged in the following jobs are eligible for grant of Risk Allowance.
1. Those directly engaged in spray painting.
2. Those directly engaged in galvanising tanks, effluent treatment plant, manufacturing of insulation components involving hazardous chemical etc.
3. Those directly engaged in use of electrolytes.
4. Those directly exposed to metallic dust, fumes generated from resin bakers, smoke from the furnace, carbon burst shops.
5. Those directly working in Melting Shop in all foundries where scrap is used.
6. Moulding shop in Rail Wheel Factory/Bangalore.
7. Those directly engaged in chrome plating.
8. Safaiwalas directly working in underground drains/sewer pipes, cleaning of manholes.
9. Safaiwalas directly working in sewerage treatment plant in workshops.
10. Malaria Khalasis directly engaged in spraying pesticides, handling acids, anti-larval drugs, etc.
11. Chest Clinic Staff.
12. X Ray Attendants.