Constitute a Committee for review of Flexi Fare Scheme- Railway Board
(GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
(MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS)
New Delhi, dated, 11.12.2017
Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) have decided to constitute a Committee for Review of Flexi Fare Scheme. The Committee will consist of the following:-
1. Exe., Director/PM Railway Board- Convenor
2. Exe. Director/TC(R), Railway Board- Member
3. Prof. S.Sriraman, Professor of Transport Economics, Waichand Hirachand- Member
4. Shri Ravinder Goyal, Advisor, Niti Aayog- Member
5. Ms. Meenakshi Malik, ED, Revenue Management, Air India- Member
6. Ms. Iti Mani, Director, Revenue, Le Meridien, New delhi- Member
2. The Broad Terms and references of the Committee shall be to examine all options and recommend best option keeping in mind passengers and Railways interest, The Committee may take following as reference points -
Impact of implementation of flexi fare in its current form with respect to:
(a) Impact on Revenue generated for railways.
(b) Impact on Passenger in terms of their choice of railway as means of transport (with the increased fare).
(c) Competitiveness of flexi fare viz-a-viz other means of transport
(d) Amendment/modification if any in
• Flexibility of rates in peak and lean season/ week days and weekend/festival season
• 'Add on' if any to be provided with flexi fare for better patronage of the scheme like loyalty points/deferred benefits etc.
(e) Fare of special trains like Humsafar etc. also to be reviewed.
(f) Implementability of the suggestions.
3. The Committee soul, constitution of the Commi
4. The Headquarters of the Committee will be at New Delhi.
5. TC-II Branch of railway Board will be the Nodal Branch for functioning of the Committee. Therefore submission of report of the Committee for consideration of Railway Board, implementation of its recommendations and all related issues including Parl. Questions, RTI cases and other formalities with regard to the Committee, shall be dealt with by TC-II Branch.
6. The Convenor and Official Members of the Committee will draw TA/DA as per extant Rules.
7. Terms and conditions to be applied to other non-official Members of the Committee will follow.
Under Secretary (Estt.)-I