Grant of Transport Allowance at double the normal rates to deaf and dumb employees of Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 14/2017No. PC-V/2014/A/TA/1
New Delhi, dated 22.02.2017
The General Managers/CAOs(R)
All Zonal Railways & Pus
(As per mailing list)
Sub:- Grant of Transport Allowance at double the normal rates to deaf and dumb employees of Railways.
In supersession of Railway Board's letter of even number dt. 19.03.2014 (RBE No.28/2014) regarding admissibility of Transport Allowance at double thee normal rates to employees who are deaf and dumb, it is stated that the matter has been re-examined and it has been decided with the approval of Competent Authority that Transport Allowance at double the normal rates is admissible to Hearing Impaired employees also in addition to employees who are both deaf and Dumb.
2. Transport Allowance at double the normal rates would be admissible to the 'Hearing Impaired employees having loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversation range of frequencies' as per Persons With Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
3. The admissibility of Transport Allowance at double the normal rates to above categories of employees is subject to recommendation of the Head of ENT Department of a Railway or Government Civil Hospital and fulfilment of other conditions applicable in respect of other disabilities mentioned in Railway Board's letter No. F(E)I-78/AL-7/5, dated 23.10.1978 read with Board's letter dated 12.09.2008 (RBE No.111/2008).
4. These orders would be effective from 19.02.2014.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Hindi version is enclosed.
Dy.Director, Pay Commission – V