Implementation of Govt’s decisions on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission-Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners etc..
Important Circular No.C-153
O/O The Pr. C.D.A.(P)
Date 12th August, 2016To,
The Treasury Officer
The PO- Master, Kathua, Srinagar (J&K)
The PO- Master, Campbell Bay (Andman & Nicobar)
The Defence Pension Disbursing Officer
Pay & Accounts Officer
Military & Air Attache, Indian Embassay, Kathmandu, Nepal (through Gorkha
Record Officer, Kurnaghat, Gorakhpur)
Director of Accounts, Panji (Goa)
Finance Secretary, Gangtok, PO-I, Thimpu Bhutan
The General Manager (Nodal Officer, PSBs)
All Managers, CPPC of Public Sector Banks.
All Managers, CPPC of Authorized Private Banks.
Subject: - Implementation of Govt’s decisions on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission-Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners etc.
A copy of GOI, Ministry of P, PG and Pensions, Deptt. of P&PW OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A) (ii) dated 4th August, 2016 is enclosed for immediate implementation of Govt’s decision on recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission relating to revision of pension of pre 1-1-2016 pensioners/family pensioners w.e.f. 1-1-2016.
2. The following further instructions are issued for smooth implementation of the ibid Govt. OM on the subject: -
3.1 Para-2 of the enclosed Govt. OM provides the extent of its applicability. Present orders are applicable to the pensioners/family pensioners in whose respect Pension Payment Order (PPO) have been issued by CDA (Pensions)/Chief CDA (Pensions)/ Pr. CDA (Pensions) from time to time in respect of Defence Civilians/Civilians under Ministry of Defence (MoD).
3.2 As stated in Para 2.2 of the enclosed OM, nothing contained in the enclosed OM applies to Commissioned Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) of Armed Forces. Separate orders will be issued for them by Ministry of Defence.
3.3 Consolidation of pension in respect of categories mentioned in para-3.1 above is to be done only in r/o Civilians/their families who retired/died before 1.1.2016. In other words, cases of retirement/death in service on or after 1.1.2016 are not covered by these orders.
REVISION OF PENSION
4.1 For existing pensioners, who have retired before 01.01.2016, the revised pension/family pension with effect from 01.01.2016 shall be determined by multiplying the pension/family pension, as had been fixed at the time of implementation of 6th Central Pay Commission (CPC) recommendations, by a factor of 2.57. The amount of revised pension/family pension so arrived at shall be rounded off to next higher rupee.
4.2 For calculation of revised pension, the existing pension/family pension will be the basic pension/family pension only without the element of additional pension available to the old pensioners/family pensioners of the age of 80 years and above.
The additional Pensions/Family Pension payable to old pensioners/family pensioners will be worked out in accordance with para 4.5 of the OM.
4.3 Since the consolidated pension will be inclusive of commuted portion of pension, if any, the commuted portion will be deducted from the said amount while making monthly disbursements.
4.4 MINIMUM / MAXIMUM PENSION/FAMILY PENSION: The minimum pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016 will be Rs. 9000/- Per month (excluding the element of additional pension to old pensioners). The upper ceiling on pension/family pension will be 50% and 30% respectively of the highest pay in the Government (The highest pay in the Government is Rs. 2,50,000 w.e.f. 01.01.2016).
4.5 ADDITIONAL PENSION: The quantum of pension/family pension available to the old pensioners/family pensioners shall continue to be as follows:- Age of pensioner/family pensioner Addition quantum of pension
|Age of Pensioner/Family Pensioner||Addition quantum of Pension|
|From 80 Years to less than 85 Years||20% of revised basic pension/family pension|
|From 85 Years to less than 90 Years||30% of revised basic pension/family pension|
|From 90 Years to less than 95 Years||40% of revised basic pension/family pension|
|From 95 Years to less than 100 years||50% of revised basic pension/family pension|
|100 Years or more||100% of revised basic pension/family pension|
The amount of additional pension will be shown distinctly in the pension payment order. For example, in cases where a pensioner is more than 80 years of age and his/her revised pension in terms Para 4.1 above is Rs. 10,000 pm, the pension will be shown as (i) Basic Pension= Rs. 10,000 and (ii) Additional pension = Rs. 2,000 pm. The pension on his/ her attaining the age of 85 years will be shown as (i) Basic Pension = 10,000 and (ii) additional pension = Rs. 3000 pm. Dearness relief will be admissible on additional pension available to the old pensioners also.
4.6 In cases, where the Govt. Servants have drawn one time lump-sum terminal benefits equal to 100% of their pensions and have become entitled to the restoration of one third commuted portion of pension, their cases will not be covered by these orders. Orders for regulating pension of such pensioners will be issued separately.
4.7 The revised pension/family pension arrived at as per paragraph 4.1 includes dearness relief sanctioned from 1.1.2016.
5. Where the revised pension/family pension in terms of paragraph 4.1 above works out to an amount less than Rs. 9000/-, the same shall be stepped up to Rs. 9000/-.This will be regarded as pension / family pension w.e.f 01.01.16.
6 PENSIONER EMPLOYED/RE-EMPLOYED: The existing instructions regarding regulation of dearness relief to employed/re-employed pensioners / family pensioners, as contained in Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare O.M. No. 45/73/97-P&PW (G) dated 02.07.1999, as amended from time to time, shall continue to apply.
7. CONSTANT ATTENDANT ALLOWANCE: The matter regarding CAA admissible to existing pensioners shall be examined by the Committee constituted by the GoI. For this purpose, till a final decision is taken based on the recommendation of the Committee, Constant Attendant Allowance shall be paid at the existing rates.
8. DEARNESS RELIEF: The pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with provision of Para 4.1 above shall be treated as ‘Basic Pension’ with effect from 01.01.2016. The revised pension/family pension includes dearness relief sanctioned from 1.1.2016 and shall qualify for grant of Dearness Relief sanctioned there after.
9. ARREARS OF PENSION:- The arrears of Pension/Family Pension, as a result of consolidation of Pension, will be worked out by PDAs and will be paid to pensioner or credited to their accounts by 31st August 2016 positively.
10. If any overpayment is in the process of recovery, the amount still due for recovery should be adjusted in lump- sum against the arrears payable.
11. PROCEDURE:- The Govt. has authorised the Pension Disbursing Authorities including Public Sector Banks to pay the consolidated Pension/ Family Pension without further authorization from this office at the revised rates in terms of Para 4.1 and 5 above. Wherever the age of pensioner/family pensioner is available in the PPO, the additional pension/family pension in terms of Para 4.5 above may also be paid by the PDAs without any further authorization from this office. The following points may specially be kept in view while authorizing disbursement under the captioned order:
(a) A suitable entry regarding the revised pension shall be recorded by the Pension Disbursing Authorities on face of Pension Payment Orders.
(b) A suitable entry regarding revised consolidated pension/ Family Pension w.e.f. 1-1-2016 should also be recorded in the check register/Payment Register/ Pension Payment scroll.
(c) In every case, where revision is done by PDA’s, intimation to this office in the form given as Annexure-I to this circular will be prepared in triplicate. Two copies thereof will be sent to this office in covers bearing the following address in convenient batch(s):-
SAO, O/IC Audit Section, O/o the Pr. C.D.A. (P.) ,Allahabad- 211014. A consolidated soft copy of all such payment in CSV format may be sent in a CD to this office and also be mailed to us in the format attached in Annexure-II on the email firstname.lastname@example.org specially created for the purpose.
(d) All cases where such revision is carried out will ‘change’ entitlements and other data which must be reflected as such in the Pension Payment Account in a separate schedule/scroll.
12. In cases where the PDAs are in doubt about the entitlement on revision in individual cases or in regulation of minimum pensions/revised pension for pensioners in receipt of more than one pension, the cases with full details of pensioner and PPO NO. may be referred to Audit Section of this office for advice and further action on the same address mentioned in para 11(c) or a mail may be sent on the email address given in para 11(c).
(The copy of this circular is available on the website of this office www.pcdapension.nic.in)
(Dr. Upinderbir Singh)
Form of intimation by the Pension Disbursing Authority to the P.C.D.A.(P) regarding revision of Pension in terms of Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare Office Memorandum No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A) (ii) dated 04 -8-2016.
1. Name of the Pensioner/Family Pensioner
2. PPO No. (in the format prescribed by this office)
3. Date of Birth
4. (a) Date of retirement (in case of live Pensioner)
(b) Date of death (in case of family pensioner)
5. Savings Bank A/C No.
6. CPPC Code (BSR)
7. (a) Paying Branch Code(BSR)
(b) Bank Name
8. Computation of revised pension/family pension
|(A) Existing basic pension without the element of additional pension (inclusive of commuted portion if any), as had been fixed at the time of implementation of 6th CPC recommendation.
(A) Existing basic FamilyPension/Enhanced Family Pension without the element of additional
pension as had been fixed at the time of implementation of 6th CPC recommendation.
|(B) Revised Pension as on 01.01.2016: 2.57* (A) above (rounded off to next higher)
||(B) Revised Family Pension/Enhanced Family Pension as on 01.01.2016: 2.57* (A) above (rounded off to next higher)|
9. a. Additional Pension due to old age/Family Pension Rs.-----------------PM, if any.
b. Arrears of Pension/Family Pension up to (date)----------- (amount)Rs.------- c. Arrears Paid on (date)------------------------------------------------
SIGNATURE OF PENSION DISBURSING AUTHORITY
Note: - 1. Where the Revised Pension/Family Pension works out to an amount less than Rs. 9000/-, the same is required to stepped upto Rs. 9000/-.
Click to View:- 7th Pay Commission Implementation: Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners