OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER GENERAL OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
ULAN BATAR MARG, PALAM, DELHI CANTT.-110010
Dated: 14th January 2016
All the Pr.CsDA/CsDA/P.C. of A. (Fys.) Kolkata
Subject: Furnishing of Annual Immovable Property Return (IPR) for the year 2015 (position as on 01.01.2016): Sr.A0s/ A0s/ Hindi Officers/ Sr.PS.
In accordance with the provisions of Clause (ii) of Rule 18(1) of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964, every Government Servant holding a Group "B" post is required to submit an Annual Return in such form, as prescribed, in this regard, giving full details regarding the immovable property inherited by him/her or owned acquired by him/her or held on lease or mortgage either in his/her own name or in the name of any member of his/her family or in the name of any other person. It has been prescribed in M.H.A., O.M. No. 25/10/55-Estt. (A) dated 12th January 1956, that such returns shall be submitted in the prescribed form in respect of the calendar year by 31st January of the next year. It has, however, been noticed that the Annual immovable Property Returns are not submitted in time as required.
2. It is enjoined upon all Sr.AOs/AOs/Hindi Officers/Sr.PS serving under your proforma control (including IFAs) to furnish the Annual Immovable Property Returns in the prescribed form for the calendar year 2015 by 31st January 2016. Further, it may also be impressed upon all to invariably mention necessary details such as Roster No, A/c No., name, place of the current office and date of birth in the Annual Immovable Property Return in order to facilitate linking at this end.
3. Compliance to the instructions contained in M.H.A., OM No. 25/10/55-Estt. (A) dated 12th January 1956 may please be ensured. Any failure in this regard would entitle the reporting officers to take cognizance of the same while writing APARs.
4. Further, it has been observed that many cases of the Annual Immovable Property Returns are not endorsed with the requisite remarks "Current Annual IPR has been paired with previous Annual IPR and found correct" causing unnecessary correspondences. Controllers are, therefore, requested to kindly scrutinize the Annual Immovable Property Returns filed by the officers and endorse each return with the remarks "Current Annual IPR has been paired with previous Annual IPR and found correct". The returns may then be forwarded to HQrs. Office in one lot by 31st January 2016. A confirmation that the Annual Immovable Property Returns in respect of all the Sr.AOs/AOs/Hindi Officers/SPS serving under your organization may also be forwarded to Hqrs Office.
5. It has also been observed that officers while furnishing their Annual IPR endorse it merely with remark like "no change"/ "same as last year" etc., which do not provide basis for scrutiny and further linking at this end. The concerned officers are, therefore, requested to invariably furnish the full/complete detail of all the immovable property(ies) for convenience.
5. Reference is also invited to HQrs letter No. AN/XIII/13006Nol-XXII dated 15.12.2015 regarding submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by public servants for each year. It may be noted that the declaration is to be made in the prescribed form by all public servants under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 within the stipulated time i.e. 15th April, 2016.
6. The contents of this circular may please be circulated to all the officers under your jurisdiction.
(Mus aq Ahmad)
Sr. ACGDA (Admn)